Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church
Title: Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church
Go back to Books list
- The proclamation of the "Good News" of salvation, love, justice and peace is not readily received in todays world.
Introduction : An integral and solidary humanism
- a. At the Dawn of the Third Millennium
- Discovering that they are loved by God, people come to understand their own transcendent dignity, they learn not to be satisfied with only themselves but to encounter their neighbor in a network of relationships that are more authentically human.
- Men and women who are made "new" by the love of God are able to change the rules and quality of relationships, transforming even social structures.
- Love faces a vast field of work and the Church is eager to make her contribution with her social doctrine, which concerns the whole person and is addressed to all the people.
- Humanity is coming to understand ever more clearly that it is linked by one sole destiny that requires joint acceptance of responsibility, a responsibility inspired by an integral and shared humanism.
- b. The significance of this document
- The teaching and spreading of her social doctrine are part of the Church's evangelizing mission.
- However, it must not be forgotten that the passing of time and the changing of social circumstances will require a constant updating of the reflections on the various issues raised here, in order interpret the new signs of the times.
- all the members of the Church are sharers in the secular dimension
Chapter 1 God’s plan of love for humanity
- The church’s mission and social doctrine
- The human person and human rights
- Principles of the church’s social doctrine
- The family, the vital cell of society
- Human work -- Economic life
- The political community
- The international community
- Safeguarding the environment
- The promotion of peace
- Social doctrine and ecclesial action
- For a civilization of love.
- Used for: RCIA Class
LC control no.: 2005301291
LCCN permalink: http://lccn.loc.gov/2005301291
Type of material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
Corporate name: Catholic Church. Pontificium Consilium de Iustitia et Pace. Main title: Compendium of the social doctrine of the church / Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace.
Published/Created: CittaÌ del Vaticano : Libreria Editrice Vaticana ; Washington, D.C. : [Distributed by] United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, c2004 (2005 printing)
Description: xxii, 446 p. ; 23 cm.
ISBN: 1574556924 (pbk.)
Subjects: Catholic Church --Doctrines.
Christian sociology --Catholic Church.
Notes: Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Series: Publication (USCCB Publishing) ; no. 5-692 Publication (United States Catholic Conference. Office of Publishing and Promotion Services) ; no. 5-692.
LC classification: BX1753 .C3713 2004
Dewey class no.: 261.8088/282
Language code: eng lat
Other system no.: (OCoLC)ocm58567057
CALL NUMBER: BX1753 .C3713 2004