Notable scripture references
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Passage: Genesis 12:1-4a
- text: The LORD said to Abram: "Go forth from the land of your kinsfolk and from your father's house to a land that I will show you. I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the communities of the earth shall find blessing in you." Abram went as the LORD directed him, and Lot went with him.
- added: 03-07-2020 podcast of Bishop Robert Baron homily
- used in: First reading 2nd Sunday of Lent - lectionary 25
- notes - Bishop Robert Baron, in his homily on this reading noted that Abram was a very old man when God asked him this “ Abram was seventy-five years old when he left Haran.” The point is that it is never too late for God. His main point, however is that Genesis in the first 11 chapters was about the fall and how that played out as sin. This point is the beginning point of Gods program to redeem mankind.
- Passage: Isaiah 43
- text: Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you. Fear not for I am with you.
- added: 03/06/2020
- used in:
- used in: